Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Thursday 7 December 2017

Winter Link up Party

I'll tell you, summer has come and gone WHAM! it is day after day of high temperatures over much of the country and so hot so early in summer! Even my sister said she can take 40 degrees in Argentina over 24 degrees here in New Zealand. The New Zealand and Australian sun is A LOT hotter and you can get sunburnt seriously in 4 or so minutes.

I'm hibernating inside with windows wide open and sometimes the aircon on with high humidity. I still prefer windows and doors wide open even in high humidty!
If I get the dishes done every day or a load of laundry folded up, I think I've done well for the day! Ha! I've the best husband who does not mind at all, and if i want to knit and sew all day long, it's fine with him - after all this is my time off after years of mentally and physically draining myself. Five more staff from school leave next week - I've lost count of how many of us have left this year!

Anyway - linking up to the lovely Thistlebear and her "winter" (ooh I'd LOVE some real winter right now!) craft party.

I've been slowly knitting away at my Gingerbread - it was started in April and I am determined to finish it by the end of this weekend hopefully. I've learnt A LOT! Wrap and turns; cap sleeves (so very, very clever with me, at the start, muttering going what on earth is she doing here? But it worked!), tubular cast off (wow!) and the fanciest wrist and bottom of the jersey pattern I've ever seen and knitted! Libby, the pattern designer, is ever so helpful and we had a long conversation yesterday over how i was reading the pattern (wrongly!). She got me back on track - yippee.
Such a delight this pattern is - I had put it down for months, as it wasn't study knitting material with it's fancy (to me!) work. Highly recommended!



I've a new bench seat in my bedroom and love looking over at my finished quilt and sock wool blanket, as well as a wee mug rug (the first one I've ever made!). I've plenty to keep me crafting this summer too. Anyone else crafting?




6 comments:

  1. I find it so hard to knit when it's warm so I can just imagine what it's like for you at the moment in those temperatures. It's good to challenge yourself sometimes with techniques you haven't tried before, I know I should be more adventurous with the things I choose to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberley, thank you for joining in with link party. I'm sorry it's been so hot there already. I hope you know that I don't mean to exclude anyone who is having a different season wherever they are. I love the look of your sweater. I'm really glad you're enjoying it more now that you have the hang of the work. Good for you for trying something different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always making something here :-) I am intrigued by your mug rug, must do some google research and find out more. I am a bit envious of your summer heat, it is baltic here and I am cold x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW love your knitting (total envy as I don't know how) Missing your christmas swap this year
    Oh and happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been snowing steadily for a few days here, 24 degrees sounds nice ;P The cuffs on your jumper are very pretty. it can't be easy to knit in the humidity you have

    ReplyDelete
  6. All looking good. I was giving a mug rug made by a lady in the book club. I've not used it yet. As I drink tea, I've not wanted to get tea stains on it. I know that's what it's for - to save a table but... I know a bit crazy. It's cold here brrh!Have a good week, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete