Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Thursday 10 November 2016

I let my child wag today

I've a 13 year old (Last weekend! Last teenager! Husband went to church to pray for patience and strength- hee hee) who I let wag school today. I'm not bothered. He is so distraught and upset at the world at the moment. Can't say I'm happy either. How do you try and talk to children this age and say it will be okay? I can't promise that. I can't promise them a future where everything will be rosy. Where another country can basically screw the entire world due to their beliefs? I guess I can hope that he does grow up with respect and morals and thinks of everyone around him with kindness and care; that decisions can and will affect others.


Exam tomorrow. I'm not at. all. happy. about that either!


Here's some of my divine sweetpeas - flowers kinda make us happy in crappy times.






2 comments:

  1. No we can't promise them a future but we can bring them up to be kind and respectful. Hugs to you and yours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am convinced we have to teach our children to thrive in a 'hostile' world and find happiness where they can. We need to teach them to think, to speak out, to act, to contradict, to lead by example, to embrace change, to accept. Education and more education is the only way forward to a world where small mindedness and intolerance are a thing of the past. I hope your teenager feels a bit more ready to face the world today. Wishing you luck for the exam, too. xx

    ReplyDelete