Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Sunday 15 November 2015

I made a skirt

It has taken quite a few days to settle down after exam study and stress. Yesterday, on impulse, I took myself off to Spotlight and did rather a splurge on fabric and wool and just other stuff. I spent a.bit. Oops. Oh well. It will keep me busy over summer :)

This is the skirt that I have spent quite a few hours of today making. I am rather pleased with it. Since I have no interest in going to all other shops lately (including the supermarket!) and can not even entertain the thought of even remotely stepping inside any clothing shop, sewing something I like, with fabric I like, seems a whole lot more appealing. And hugely cheaper! These fabrics range from $13 to $26, which is pretty cheap for a skirt! There will be left over fabric too. I might make a pair of summer pj pants for me out of the cute tiny dog fabric next. The youngest is pleased with the shark fabric for winter pj pants.
So happy to have time to potter.

I'm thinking about everyone, everywhere , that is affected by everything happening in the world today.









2 comments:

  1. lovely bright fabrics x we all have to find some Brightness at this time to push out the Dark x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly like the floral sprig print. I agree we must focus on the light and beauty in the world at the moment even more than usual x

    ReplyDelete