Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Saturday 9 May 2015

a bit of brightness








Another busy week here. I've been so good at not spending money as am trying to save, but a few things have fallen through my letterbox this week. Vintage Purls do gorgeous clubs and i signed up for my first ever one - a sock club of course. I adore the little bits and pieces which came with the wool like the cookie cutter, sweet wooden buttons etc. A divine shade of green too.
I bought myself some new slippers and socks both due to the colours of them :). And some incredible 8ply curry shade wool from Meraki Studio of which I am planning to use for yet another cardigan identical to the nearly finished one pictured here. This one is for a friend who has no idea I am knitting it, but admired another one I had done over summer.
I think I may end up with 4-5 of these cardigans for myself in a few of my favourite wool shades - great for layering and also the fact that they only use 350 grams of wool or so.
And yay to a fab friend who bought "Snail Mail" back from Australia for me - it is divine! I did see it in Whitcoulls too. (boy that bookshop has gone down hill fast lately - struggling to find titles for school I do not have now!!). A great week.
Lots of washing done today; a soccer game and a pretty clean house. And lots of knitting. Must write the next essay , hence the "do your work" screen saver on my laptop....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly, nice to hear your voice again. I saw from a comment you left on Elaina's blog that you had been crazy busy, so I knew not to worry! I just love the look of the 'snail mail' book, is it a story/children's story? I am a big fan of snail mail, and love to correspond in the old fashioned way, as well as the joys of email and blogs etc. Have a great weekend! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could knit as fast as you do Kimberley, I do like the pattern that you use for your cardigan and I might just have to give it a go (one day) I love sheepskin slippers too and that colour is just fab!

    ReplyDelete