Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Monday 10 November 2014

Library love

Wow. Freedom of time is amazing! I spent the weekend cross stitiching, knitting, sewing an impulse cushion, cutting out bunting triangles, writing 9 letters (!) and just generally enjoying being around the family and NOT studying! Winner of a weekend.

I am presenting at a seminar tomorrow to a whole bunch of school librarians around inspiring readers/encuraging readers. I've taken the viewpoint of what does your library look like? What does it have in it? Is there a budget? Any school with no library budget does not take literacy seriously and has a dead library... I guess I have been asked to talk due to my strong thoughts on school libraries and where they are at.. I am pretty okay at talking to large groups of people including my new-ish principal... fingers crossed for me.

Here are the latest pics of the lovely place...
















5 comments:

  1. That looks like such an inviting space to explore books! I emailed you about the Christmas swap, look forward to hearing from you! (Very excited!) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inviting library! It shows that it's got a great librarian behind it. Good luck with your talk, I'm sure it will be a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your seminar, hope it goes well. P x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like one amazingly stocked library! xo

    ReplyDelete