Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Friday 20 June 2014

Mad About Bags Blog Hop

I am VERY LATE with this blog swap and carrying on from where Tracy left.

A couple of questions firstly for me to answer  as part of the blog hop -

Me - a mum of 3 boys who leads a crazy busy life. I have already sat 2 university papers this year with another 2 to start and complete by February 2015. I started my degree in 1988 (yes you read that rightt!) but in between did go to Wellington Teachers College to do a library qualification and finished that one. Have plugged away at uni papers on and off for year around the boys, but made a decision to finish the degree (a BA in history and religious studies) last year, so it is full on! I work nearly full time hours as a school librarian too (which really is the best job, manic and crazy and a whole lot more happening other than education being in a decile one school). I am also on a school board for a second term and also used to be a cub scout leader (but gave it up as I was exhausted doing everything else!). I write an awful lot to an awful lot of great penfriends (some whom I have written to for 20-30 years), travel a fair bit (I'd get on a plane every single school hols if I had my way ;) ), read, photograph, scrapbook, bake (hate cooking dinners though but am working on it...), knit, knit, knit, sew, love history etc. Need a lot of down time due to the nature of school.

What am I focussing on now?
Fabulous to pick up the knitting needles again - well I have knitted 2 sleeves for my cardigan in the past 2 weeks while memorizing exam notes. But now I can sit down and really concentrate on the back with its cables. I have bought quite a few balls of wool mail order this week and also quite a few new knitting books too (that will be a blog post!). Loving swaps. Need to knit some more dishcloths.
Since the exam only finished this morning, I am really looking forward to having a real life back, and not having the background pressure of studying! Lots of scrapbooking to be done!

How does my work differ from others?
It probably doesn't! I know few who knit in NZ. My mum and aunts knit, knit, knit too. It was my nana who taught me. I really did not pick knitting up till about 2 years ago! I cannot believe that I barely knitted for the boys when they were young, but everyone else did. The boys love knitted socks and the scout wears a lot of knitted jerseys for scout things,  I knit what I like. Am particular about colours and a wool buying fanatic! I adore knitting discloths and ALWAYS have a pair of socks on my needles!

Why do I create what I do?
I HAVE to keep my hands busy. I knit every morning tea and lunch time at school and have taught students  to knit too. Am trying to get a knitting group up and running this winter too - yay for exam being over as can concentrate on it now! I have a huge list of things I want to do.

How does my writing/creative process work?
No magic formula - I can be implusive with both. Do need to be in mood for writing letters but will get lots done at once! I jsut pick up my needles and knit and am always saving patterns on Ravelry but do not really use Ravelry for much else.

Over to Lisa and Zara - two of my favourite bloggers who will carry on with the blog hop!

I'm Lisa .Married and  live in  Western Australia. I'm a Mum to four beautiful children { 8 year old Girl,7 year old Girl , 5 years old Boy  and 8 months old Girl. } .
I love to explore many types of crafts but my favourite is sewing, Mixed media art , art journaling , learning to draw and sewing dolls/softies.
I really do wish I could crochet or knit !!
I've always been crafty even as a child. But I started to sew 4 years ago . I started sewing Raggedy Ann type dolls and toys for my children... I then discovered and fell in love with Tilda Dolls by Tone Finnanger. They are always on my list to sew.. 
I've always loved art and I love exploring mixed media.
I would love to be able to tell you I have my own craft room but with a big family in a small house all my crafting is done at the dining room corner desk.
I drink copious amounts of Tea ! {black ,no sugar ! or herbal teas.} Chocolate is my favourite {Naughty I know }
 I love to join craft swaps..I love sewing,making or buying something for the swap ..its fun to find out what your partners likes are .I like to go grab a cuppa and read over there blog to discover their likes etc and see there amazing work.
I'm Zara and I blog from Zaranne Handmade.
I started blogging a few years back a few months after stumbling across blogs. I loved the idea of sharing my latest op-shop finds, what i'd made or just what I'd been up to. It's a real little supportive community here, and it's lovely that so many others share the same passions.
A little about me.. I live in the Southern Tablelands of NSW and work part-time as a practice nurse in Medical Centre.  When I'm not working I enjoy op-shopping, baking, tending my little vegie garden, sewing with vintage fabrics and going for coffee dates with my love.
I'm a bit of a collector with healthy collections of milk glass, vintage sheets and linens, Johnson of Australia crockery, Pyrex, Little Golden Books and silver cutlery.
One day I'd love to have my own little farm and open a café and shop.. think pick-your-own fruit, handmade wares, local produce in the café and cooking/crafting classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment