Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Monday 1 July 2013

Hot water bottle covers - Matariki Crafting

I ended up with a pile of fleeces quite by accident last week, so spent quite a bit of this past weekend cutting out and making hot water bottle covers for Christchurch. I also have an old woollen blanket which I am cutting up to make a few as well.
I had lots and lots of trim/ ribbon from my aunt too, so used it to decorate the covers.
I am pleased at how they came out - and just need to find hot water bottles (without covers! The Warehouse had them, only with covers and the supermarket tiny ones - will look in K- Mart.).

They were quite addictive to make!

I also made a windmill from the latest "Good" magazine using a page from an old atlas - perfect to cut a square from using the page grid! I think I might make a pile of these for the school gala in November!
The straws were from good old Typo. 







5 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy! These look great, I bet they'll make a whole lot of children very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ones with the All Black patches on. Its always really easy to make girly ones, but good on you thinking of the boys too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your hottie covers look great,they are quite uni-sex too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the red with rik rak. you are gonna make a lot of kids happy, good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for taking part in the Hottie Project - they look great! Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete