Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Friday 25 January 2013

Recovering

The tonsillectomy is over! I am at home starting my regime of drugs for days! Had low blood pressure when I left the hospital today but feel a lot better tonight! Very little sleep last night.
A few tips for room mates of mine - close the bathroom door while you inside it and please don't make a million cellphone calls at MIDNIGHT! You are lucky I didn't yell at you (at least!).

So I guess it is days of knitting and cross stitching and reading coming up! All I have been doing for the past 6 weeks of our school summer holidays but anyhow.... Apparently I will be feeling the full brunt of my throat in a few days and will quite possibly want to sleep!

School has started for two of the boys - ones is loving the new school but is quite shocked by this thing called homework! Our primary school is a no homework school - which really love! It makes a mother's life so much easier! There is more and ore data and research coming out that says homework is a waste of time. They always do reading and basic facts as a matter of course but that was it. I hate teachers who give a homework sheet with photocopied stuff where the mother usually ends up doing most of the work or helping the kid do it - I won't! If they haven't been shown how to research at school , then as far as I am concerned the child cannot do their own homework!
So going to a school that is very academically based is always going to be a challenge coming from doing not much - luckily Kieran is a go getter and motivated and a perfectionist (which does create its own problems sometimes I think!). He should do really well!
He loves the pretty easy going uniform of any shoes! And ran rings around everyone at PE today too apparently ! One fit kid.
Joshua just settled back in normally! Realises year 10 has a lot of work involved. Ryan does not start for another 2 weeks - the joys of the NZ education system where each school runs itself and decides it owns policies / start dates/ uniforms/ curriculum etc!
Education is a funny thing. We have a new payroll - I am owed money from last year under the Novopay system. It will eventually get sorted, but they will possibly muck up my sick leave next...??? Hopefully not!









2 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly hope you recover quickly. Many thanks for visiting my blog and encouraging me to carry on with socks. I too am addicted to wool I've got draws of the stuff and can't wait to add some lovely sock wool in rainbow shades.

    Take care Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear it all went well wishing you a speedy recovery x

    ReplyDelete